header

Thanks Campion and Curtis!

Thankyou to Allan Campion who included a link to this blog in his most recent Newsletter.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Five Spice Creme Brulee with Pear Chips and Spicy Sugar

This one took me two goes, because the first time I made it, I made put too much liquid into each bowl, so they never actually set. On the second attempt, I halved the amount I put into the bowls and it set perfectly! I actually had to make the pear chips twice as well. The first time I made them, they were perfect, however, I left them out too long and they went soft again. When I made them the second time, I left them overnight in the oven, but it appears this time it was too high and the pears went dark brown. A little too dark, but not quite burnt. Unfortunately I didn't have time to make them again, so I just used these ones.
The Creme Brulee tasted great. Even though the idea of a Five Spiced Creme Brulee probably sounds weird to a lot of people. It really does work quite well.
I even went out and purchased a domestic blow torch which works a treat! The Creme Brulee had the perfect amount of toffee on the top.
It took a couple of goes, but it really was a success!

No comments: